Go Project NITRIDE Bearings
The goal, when engineering bearings; is to try and produce the 'ball bearing' component so that it is as round and as hard as possible. Silicon Nitride is a form of ceramic which is more than 50% harder than steel. By making the ball-bearings out of this material the Go Project Nitride bearings can achieve the following benefits when compared to traditional skate bearings:
- 80% less friction between the balls and the races
- Increased bearing life by up to 10x
- The smoother bearing surface produces less vibration and less fatigue for the skater
The bearing races are made from steel, which is the most suitable material for everyday skating (ceramic is not dense enough and can fracture especially under sudden force).
Go Project does not use the ABEC scale to rate bearings due to it’s irrelevance to the specific forces imposed by skating. However, the Nitride Bearings pass as an ABEC 9 by normal industry standards.
- Pack of 8 (Will fit out 4x skate wheels, buy 2x packs to fit 8 wheels)
- Fits all regular skate wheels.
- Regular spacers (for use between your bearings) are sold separately.
RRP: £59.95 GBP / €67 EUR / $76 USD